To my surprise and honor, If These Walls Could Speak and Naps & Cupcakes generously nominated Olivia Jamie for the Liebster Award. Thank you both!
It looks like…
1. 11 facts about yourself
2. Link back, and answer the questions of the blogger who nominated you
3. Create 11 new questions
4. Nominate 11 new bloggers
I’m new to this, so thanks for your patience!
Fun Facts: traveled to twelve countries – have a black belt in karate – love to garden – former nanny – write music with my sister – blush easily – been to seven of Canada’s ten provinces – love a good laugh – saw Lord of the Rings three in theaters three times (that’s over 10 hours…ew) – play guitar – and love, love tea
1. Why did you start blogging? To encourage young women to fall in love with reading again. Now I add hints of cooking, homemaking, and wifely things, because it is what I love to do/be most!2. What is your biggest phobia?
The phobia of never being able to speak French? See #9
3. What is your top item on Pinterest that you really actually want to try?
Uhh…I’m so bad with Pinterest. : (
4. What is your favorite thing to do in your city?
Dinner with friends, finished by games and a pot of tea!
5. What is the #1 blog you would recommend someone to follow?
The Yellow Table! Anna is a self-publishing cookbook author and chef and a down-right awesome person. Watch this, then follow her! (photo credit: Signe Birck and Anna via The Yellow Table)
6. If you have to get ready and leave in a hurry what is the one thing you can easily cut out of your routine? Shower…that’s what dry-shampoo is for!
7. What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
Following Jesus Christ.
8. What would constitute a perfect day for you?
Rainy weather with tea, snuggling with my husband, homemade pizza for dinner, time with friends, and a good movie.
9. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
To be fluent in French. Please!
10. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
My file folder with our passports, marriage certificate, and work visa! You can replace those things, but not easily when you’re living in two different countries.
11. Are you currently watching a season of something on Netflix? What is it?
We finished Sherlock and were obsessed (in a good way, of course). Now? The Amazing Race.
It’s fun to get to know one another…So I’d like to nominate*…
Questions for my friends!
1. What is your life passion?
2. What was the last meal you cooked?
3. What book did you most recently read?
4. Who is your personal heroine?
5. What is your favorite warm drink?
6. Do you speak any other languages? If not, which one would you learn?
7. Your favorite NGO or charity:
8. “Last time I was on a plane I was headed to…”
9. “I love to smoother scones with…”
10. Paper or digital day planner?
11. Sweet or savory?
*it was an honor just be nominated and answer these fun questions. in NO way is there an obligation to respond! it would always be a joy to be hear and know you a bit more!